Google Ads is a paid advertising service owned by Google. It is an activity in the advertising channel and you will have to pay per click aka Pay-per-click (PPC). Or you will pay Google for your appearance on search engines.
What is Google Ads?
In the process of customers searching for the corresponding products and services, Google Ads will help you attract the searches of the target customers of your business. Engaging searches help you increase popularity, increase website visits, receive more messages, calls and increase sales for your business.
Through smart mobile devices and computers, Google allows you to create links and share among your target audience. At the time that customers are searching for information about the products and services you offer on Google’s search engine, your business will appear on the search engine results page (SERP). This is how Google Ads helps bring you to your target customers. Plus, Google Ads also allows your business to tailor your ads to fit your budget. Your ad on Google Ads will run within your limit, or it will be paused or stopped spending at any time.
Types of Google Ads:
- Google Search Ads
- Videos Youtube Ads
- Gmail Ads
- Google Shopping Ads
- Google Display Network (GDN)
Why is Google Ads effective?
Google Ads is the advertising platform that can understand the needs of customers the most today. Beside all other activities like sourcing products, finding a dropshipping agent, branding, Customer service, advertising may be among the biggest activity in growing your business. Some people participating in dropshipping businesses may not need to use Google Ads. However, Google Ads is still great too, because Google is the most popular search engine today and the needs of customers are collected by Google through search keywords and also using activities on other utilities such as Youtube, Gmail, …Your target audience will be people who are searching for specific products or have specific requirements for a certain problem.
Set up Google Ads in 8 Steps for Beginners
To start using Google Ads, you need to have a blueprint. Getting a user to visit your website and become a customer on the first visit is very difficult. Because the online sales process has to go through building and maintaining trust and credibility with customers. There are some goals for you to refer to when you start using Google Ads such as:
- Increase revenue
- Increase the number of visitors, users register an account on the website
- Create potential lists, remarketing lists
- Increase brand awareness
Once you’ve defined your goals, you can start setting up your Google Ads account by following these below 08 steps:
Step 1: Register
- To use Google platforms, you need a Gmail account.
- You access the page of Google Ads Website. You select “Register” and fill in all the information according to the instructions.
- You will then be redirected to the new campaign creation page.
- Here you begin to set factors such as Budget, Target audience, Bid, and create copy for the ad.
Step 2: Set your budget
- Renewing your budget is the most important step on your to-do list when setting up your ad. Setting a daily limit will prevent you from going over your budget limit during your ad’s run.
- Your daily budget will depend on the number of visitors to the landing page. If you are a newbie, you should choose an average to start with.
- Once you have determined your budget, select a currency. Remember to save the installed information, before moving on to the next step.
Step 3: Select Target Audience
At the step of identifying target customers, you choose the areas and geographical locations for your target customers. This step helps you define the geographic area where your ad will appear. By using advanced options, you will gain access to the “target radius” area.
Step 4: Select Network
Google Ads advertising has two main networks for users: Google Search Network and Google Display Network. Depending on the purposes of running ads and the budget of the business, you will choose to use the appropriate type of advertising.
Step 5: Select Keywords
- To enable ads to appear on the ad page, you are allowed to choose between 15 and 20 keywords.
- You can also select keywords by entering a keyword to check its popularity on the “Search popularity” bar.
- Select keywords that are relevant to the target customer and should focus on the quality of the keywords rather than the quantity.
Step 6: Bid
- Because Google Ads uses a bidding model, it will directly affect your ad’s position.
- Your bid cost will be the maximum amount you can pay for each person who clicks on your ad.
Step 7: Copywriting
- The content of the ad is the most important part. You need to build a quality ad that is engaging enough to attract users to come and stay at your ad.
- There are some tips for you in the process of creating advertising content.
- About the content: Content is concise, conveys the message. Captivating and engaging title. Promotional content that contains calls to action, leads and drives customers to your product or service.
- Structure of the ad: Pay attention to make sure your title and description are standard and have full content.
Step 8: Create Google Ads
After completing the 7 steps above, save the information and continue to complete the last step. Answer questions about payment information and provide additional business information with Google. If you use up the pre-set budget, you will have to pay extra costs later.